Stephanie leads the healthcare practice group of McGrath North and understands not only the legal issues surrounding the health care industry but also the policy and business concerns. Her background in hospital administration brings an insider’s perspective to the challenges facing her clients and allows her to develop realistic solutions for these challenges while at the same time helping her clients look forward.
Stephanie counsels a wide-range of providers, including physicians and physician practice groups, nonprofit health systems and hospitals, long term care providers, employee health and benefits companies, medical equipment and software suppliers, insurance companies and pharmacies, on the full spectrum of legal considerations that may be encountered in the day-to-day operation of their practice or business. She has extensive experience with various health laws including fraud and abuse, Stark Law, anti-kickback statute, HIPAA privacy and information security, antitrust, and physician and hospital contracting, non-profit regulations, regulatory compliance issues and general corporate law.
Her vast experience and knowledge in the health care industry is hard to find and her philosophy of learning about her clients’ business needs, goals and objectives allows Stephanie to provide sound, efficient and practical advice.
Before joining McGrath North, Stephanie was Vice President and General Counsel for Nebraska Medicine where she handled a variety of transactional and compliance matters and provided legal guidance on all matters impacting the organization.
In her free time, Stephanie enjoys competing in local running events.
- Serving as Vice President & General Counsel of one of the largest academic medical centers in the state of Nebraska
- Assisting in the corporate reorganization of a local health system
- Assisting with the issuance of $284mm in Health Facilities Revenue Bonds
- Assisting with numerous joint ventures between physician practices and health systems
- Negotiating million-dollar settlement with fiscal intermediary following external audit
- Assisting with the acquisition of physician practices by various health systems
- Assisting with the creation of a home dialysis joint venture
- Developing a comprehensive compliance plan for a physician practice
- Negotiating license agreements for electronic medical records software with various regional health providers