April has a strong record of assisting companies involved in a wide variety of commercial disputes in federal and state courts across the country. She has successfully represented agribusinesses, construction companies and other contract, insurance and tort litigation entities across the United States. Her experience includes the defense of multi-million-dollar disputes between business entities, as well as smaller business and personal claims. April’s undergraduate degree in agricultural business makes her uniquely situated to handle agriculture-related disputes.
April takes pride in advocating for her clients and establishing long-lasting relationships founded on her collaborative approach and successful results. Because of her success, April has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in the area of Business Litigation and has also appeared on the inaugural edition of the Best Lawyers: “Ones to Watch” for her work in Commercial Litigation.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2010)
- Iowa State University (B.S., With Distinction, 2007)
- Iowa (2010)
- Nebraska (2011)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska (2010)
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa
In its newly released 2022 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 47 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries. Of these partners recognized based on peer-review surveys, 11 were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation Silver Quill Legal Writing Award
- Domestic Moot Court Board, Problem Director 2009
- Domestic Moot Court Competition Best Appellate Brief, 2008
- Nebraska Bar Association Leadership Academy, 2013 – 2014 Class
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers Rising Star (Business Litigation) 2019-2020
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch”, Commercial Litigation, 2021 - 2022
- Related Practices