In his litigation practice, Jay focuses on all aspects of commercial and complex litigation. He guides his clients through all phases of the litigation process from initial case investigation and assessment, pleadings and discovery, pre-trial and trial preparation, and if necessary, appeals.
Jay worked as a law clerk for McGrath North during law school and prior to joining the firm. During this time, he gained valuable insight conducting legal research, drafting pleadings, writing motion and appellate briefs, and analysis of case law and statutes.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2015)
- Creighton University (B.A., 2012)
- Nebraska (2015)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (2018)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit (2020)
- Hon. Lyle E. Strom Scholar in Trial Advocacy 2015
- Eleven (11) CALI Excellence for the Future Awards
- 2014-2015 National Moot Court Competition – Region IX: First Place Team, Best Oral Advocate in the Final Round, Runner-up Best Brief Award
- Intramural Moot Court Competition: Best Brief Finalist, Oral Argument Quarterfinalist