Your business transactions – from buying to selling to partnering – as well as the disposition of goods and services whether through licensing, distributing or logistics – are in good hands with Keith. Despite the many variables often associated with these types of transactions, Keith’s business background, coupled with his experience in both domestic and international transactions, allows him to offer practical legal advice to help clients meet their objectives.
Before entering law school, Keith worked as a project manager with responsibility for completing commercial and industrial construction projects within strict time and budget constraints. As a result, he understands and appreciates the need to coordinate with multiple parties and provide timely and cost effective results. This background and work ethic has translated into a successful legal practice that includes:
- Acting as lead counsel on numerous U.S. and foreign business acquisitions and divestitures from inception to completion involving both publicly-held and privately-owned companies. Responsibilities included retaining and coordinating with foreign counsel as needed.
- Full responsibility for handling a wide assortment of joint venture transactions. These joint ventures have been formed across the U.S. (with both U.S. and foreign business partners) and Canada, as well as in Latin and South America, Europe, Australia and Asia.
- Advising clients on a variety of international trade and other cross-border business matters including regulatory compliance, purchase and sales transactions, and logistics matters.
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating distribution, manufacturing, licensing and many other commercial agreements involving domestic as well as foreign parties in the agribusiness, energy, manufacturing and food industries.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1989)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (B.S., 1978)
- Nebraska (1989: Sustaining Member)
- Iowa (2011)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska (1989)
McGrath North's Team Receives Broad Recognition from The Best Lawyers in America® 2023
In its newly released 2023 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 44 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries, and 28 attorneys have been recognized for 10 years or more. Of these attorneys recognized based on peer-review surveys, seven were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
McGrath North's Team Receives Broad Recognition from The Best Lawyers in America® 2022
In its newly released 2022 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 47 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries. Of these partners recognized based on peer-review surveys, 11 were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
USMCA Guidance Unveiled
The US-Mexico-Canada Agreement became effective on July 1, 2020, replacing trade rules that had been established under the North American Free Trade Agreement for over 25 years. Major differences between the USMCA and NAFTA were briefly set out in an earlier posting. For businesses involved in North American trade, there are several procedural and other considerations worth highlighting as well.
NAFTA On Life Support: USMCA On Deck
Having been reworked and passed by the U.S. House of Representatives in December and most recently approved by the Senate, the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) is now set to be signed by President Trump. Once it also receives the expected ratification by Canada – it has already been passed by Mexico – USMCA will become effective.
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Executive Editor, Creighton Law Review
- Adjunct Professor, International Business Transactions, Creighton University School of Law
- Alpha Sigma Nu National Jesuit Honorary
- Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- President, Midwest International Trade Association
- Regional Coordinator for Iowa and Nebraska, Export Legal Assistance Network (SBA International Trade Program)
- Member, Nebraska District Export Council
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating
- Related Practices
- Related Industries