Maryl is a litigator focused primarily on commercial litigation. She has played key roles in large complex litigation in various jurisdictions around the country and served as lead counsel in various mid-sized matters. Her litigation and courtroom skills and her ability to collaborate with clients in setting a winning strategy enable her to effectively advocate for them at all stages of a case.
Along with her persuasive drafting skills and direct-to-the-point style, Maryl’s service as a federal law clerk also gives her a valuable perspective in positioning litigation for a successful outcome. She has been recognized for her professionalism as a Great Plains Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Maryl earned her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Washington & Lee University School of Law, where she was Executive Editor of the Washington & Lee Law Review. After law school, she served as a federal judicial law clerk to the Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, during the 2011-2012 term.
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2011)
- Nebraska Wesleyan University (B.A., 2007)
- Nebraska (2015)
- West Virginia (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia (2011)
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar Association
- Law Clerk, Hon. Joseph R. Goodwin, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, 2011-2012
- Order of the Coif
- Washington & Lee Law Review, Executive Editor
- Best Brief, Davis Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers Rising Star (Business Litigation) 2019-2021
- Related Practices
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution