Fourteen of the firm’s attorneys and six of their practice areas stand out among the nation’s lawyers and law firms in the 2020 release of Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
Chambers USA bases its rankings on market research into the strengths and reputations of U.S. attorneys and law firms. Interviews are conducted with clients and attorneys across the nation to enable Chambers to assess technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by clients.
The firm is recognized for its work in the areas of Corporate Law, Labor & Employment Law; Real Estate Law, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Litigation and Tax. David L. Hefflinger, Roger W. Wells (Corporate Law), A. Stevenson Bogue (Labor & Employment Law), Lee H. Hamann (Real Estate Law), James P. Fitzgerald, William F. Hargens, James G. Powers (General Commercial Litigation), Robert D. Mullin, Jr. (Insurance Litigation) and Jeffrey J. Pirruccello (Tax) all received Chambers USA top ratings.
Chambers USA says “This well-established firm enjoys an enviable position in the market due to its outstanding bench of lawyers. Clients particularly appreciate the breadth of experience within the firm as well as its close attention to client service.”
The full list of McGrath North Chambers USA attorneys include:
– David L. Hefflinger (Band 1)
– Jeffrey S. Penne (Band 3)
– Jeffrey J. Pirruccello (Band 2)
– Patrick J. Straka (Band 3)
– Roger W. Wells (Star Individual)
Labor & Employment
– A. Stevenson Bogue (Band 1)
Litigation (General Commercial)
– Patrick E. Brookhouser, Jr. (Band 3)
– James P. Fitzgerald (Band 1)
– William F. Hargens (Band 1)
– Patrick D. Pepper (Up and Coming)
– James G. Powers (Band 1)
– Robert D. Mullin, Jr. (Band 1)
– Lee H. Hamann (Band 1)
– Jeffrey J. Pirruccello (Band 1)
Twenty-four of McGrath North attorneys have been included in the Thomson Reuters list of 2020 Great Plains Super Lawyers. Selection into Super Lawyers is based on multiple factors, including peer nominations, evaluations and third party research.
The McGrath North attorneys listed as Great Plains Super Lawyers, with their cited practice areas are:
- Robert D. Mullin, Jr. – General Litigation
- A. Stevenson Bogue and Aaron A. Clark – Employment & Labor
- Robert J. Bothe – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Patrick E. Brookhouser, Jr., James P. Fitzgerald, James J. Frost, William F. Hargens, Brian T. McKernan, Patrick D. Pepper and James G. Powers – Business Litigation
- David L. Hefflinger – Securities & Corporate Finance
- J. Scott Paul – Insurance Coverage
- Jeffrey J. Pirruccello – Estate & Probate
- Peter C. Langdon – Employee Benefits
- Roger W. Wells – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Rising Star: Lauren R. Goodman – Civil Litigation: Defense
- Rising Star: Abigail M. Moland – Employment & Labor
- Rising Star: Jonathan L. Grob – Tax
- Rising Star: April N. Hook – Business Litigation
- Rising Star: Ruth A. Horvatich – Employment & Labor
- Rising Star: Maryl C. Sattler – Business Litigation
- Rising Star: Stacey A. Shadden
The full list of McGrath North Super Lawyers can be found HERE.
Woodward/White has released the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® which includes 45 McGrath North lawyers practicing in 57 legal specialties. McGrath North is pleased to announce that the 2021 list includes 10 attorneys who have been selected “Lawyer of the Year” for the firm. They are as follows:
- Robert J. Bothe – Banking and Finance Law
- Steven P. Case – Environmental Law
- Jonathan L. Grob – Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law
- Lee H. Hamann – Land Use and Zoning Law
- Guy Lawson – Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Robert D. Mullin, Jr. – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Nicholas K. Niemann – Tax Law
- Jeffrey S. Penne – Corporate Law
- James D. Wegner – Nonprofit / Charities Law
- Thomas M. Worthington – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
The 2021 list also includes 4 attorneys who have been selected in The Best Lawyers in America inaugural “Ones to Watch” ranking. They are as follows:
- April N. Hook – Commercial Litigation
- Clint D. Cadwallader – Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Law, Real Estate Law
- Stacey A. Shadden – Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Cody Elyse Brookhouser-Sisney – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Litigation-Labor and Employment
The full list of McGrath North Best Lawyers can be found HERE.
The Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ are an objective indicator of a lawyer’s high ethical standards and professional ability, generated from evaluations of lawyers by other members of the bar and the judiciary in the United States and Canada. McGrath North is honored to have over 40 AV Rated Attorneys.