Alex is a member of McGrath’s Litigation Group, where he clerked for two years during law school before joining the firm as an associate in 2020. After graduating magna cum laude from Drake University in 2014 with a Bachelor of Arts degree, Alex spent several years involved in regulatory and communication matters for energy and chemical companies and marketing strategies for technology and manufacturing businesses. With this real-world experience in hand, and having served as a policy intern for the United States Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, Alex attended the nationally recognized University of Minnesota Law School where he graduated magna cum laude in 2020 and was the Managing and Research Editor for the Minnesota Law Review.
With his communications and advocacy experience, Alex integrated quickly into the firm’s Litigation Group as a law clerk, where he gained practical experience in a broad range of disputed matters for companies operating across a number of industries. Using his persuasive writing, keen analytical approach, and tenacity in pursuing his client’s interests, Alex is excited to join others in McGrath’s Litigation Group in representing businesses in insurance and other commercial litigation matters across the Midwest.
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2020)
- Drake University (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2014)
- Nebraska (2020)
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota Law Review, Managing & Research Editor (Vol. 104); Staff Member (Vol. 103)
- University of Minnesota Insurance Law Clinic, Student Director (2019-2020); Student Attorney (2018-2019)
- Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings, Judicial Extern