Brian T. McKernanAttorney Co-Chair, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group
Being faced with a dispute is not a position that most individuals and business owners enjoy being a part of. Brian’s experience, planning and execution allows him to quickly get a handle on the nature of the dispute, verify the necessity of the dispute, and most importantly provide various options to guide the client through the dispute consistent with the business or personal goals of the client.
Brian has nearly 20 years of resolving a broad variety of complex business, commercial and intellectual property disputes at both the trial and appellate court levels. This experience includes construction, franchise and toxic tort litigation. Brian serves as national coordinating counsel for various clients responsible for litigation matters throughout the country.
Since 2018, Brian has served as Co-Chair of the firm’s Litigation and Trial Practice Group.
- Creighton University (J.D., Cum Laude, 2001)
- Creighton University (B.A., Cum Laude, 1998)
- Nebraska (2001: Sustaining Member)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (2001)
McGrath North's Team Receives Broad Recognition from The Best Lawyers in America® 2023
In its newly released 2023 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 44 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries, and 28 attorneys have been recognized for 10 years or more. Of these attorneys recognized based on peer-review surveys, seven were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
McGrath North Great Plains Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
McGrath North is honored to announce that 20 of its lawyers have been recognized as Great Plains Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in the 2022 Super Lawyers Ranking list. These lawyers practice in the core specialty areas critical to serving the firm’s clients across the country and help fulfill our commitment to focus first and always on client success.
14th Annual Seminar For Accounting Professionals
McGrath North is sponsoring and conducting our 14th Annual Seminar for Accounting Professionals in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Commercial Litigation, Copyright Law
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Business Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation) 2021-2022
- “Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Copyright Law, 2022
- Creighton Law Review 1999-2001
- Creighton Traveling Moot Court Team
- Creighton Traveling Trial Practice Team
- Related Practices
- Business and Corporate
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Related Industries