The law is complicated. My job is to cut through the complexities and find practical solutions for my clients.
Dan has been recognized as Omaha’s “Lawyer of the Year” in two different practice areas. Over the past 30 years at McGrath North, Dan has helped clients navigate the maze of laws that strike most people as “legal mumbo jumbo.” Dan delivers what clients want most from their lawyer: practical, effective legal advice. For Dan, it is all about helping clients minimize their legal risk, while at the same time paying attention to the client’s needs from a business perspective. When clients run up against a complicated challenge, Dan tackles it head on with dogged determination and experience, and figures out how to get the job done.
Dan’s most rewarding experiences come from his long-standing relationships with his clients. Dan knows that you have to fully understand the client and their business in order to provide them with the most effective representation, and Dan does not take his role lightly. While Dan’s practice primarily involves providing counsel to clients on corporate, contract, tax and financial-related matters, he draws on the full resources of the firm in providing a comprehensive solution for the client.
"By staying focused on the client, the relationship I forge with them is strong and long lasting. My years at McGrath North have been especially rewarding because of the clients I have had the privilege to represent."
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 1990)
- Creighton University (B.S.B.A. in Finance, Cum Laude, 1987)
- Nebraska (1990)
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals (1992)
- U.S. Tax Court (1993)
- Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Executive Dialogue Committee Member 1995-2008
- Nebraska State Bar Association, House of Delegates 1997-2005
- Omaha Bar Association, Public Service Committee 1995-1998, 2001-2008
- “Best Lawyers in America”
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers for:
- Tax Law, Omaha (2020)
- Corporate Law, Omaha (2013)
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Corporate Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Business/Corporate, Tax, Estate Planning & Probate) 2013-2014
- Creighton Law Review Associate Staff
- International Moot Court Board (President 1989-1990)
- Recipient of Law School Outstanding Service Award
- Who’s Who Among American Law Students
- Creighton University Dean’s Honor Roll
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating
- Related Practices
- Banking and Commercial Financial Services
- Business and Corporate
- Real Estate
- Tax, Trusts and Estates
- Related Industries