David brings a focused, efficient and results-oriented advocacy to the table when representing his clients. His experience and expertise with governmental regulatory and enforcement agencies are unparalleled. David’s strategic eye helps tailor efficient approaches for each client, giving them individualized plans specific to their unique legal challenges.
David’s client was making a strategic acquisition to help expand their business. Antitrust issues were threatening to delay the deal for weeks or months, with the possibility of millions of dollars in added expense. David developed a plan of action with the antitrust group at McGrath North, and together they were able to obtain antitrust clearance, allowing the transaction to close on schedule and under budget.
- University of Nebraska College of Law (J.D., 1985)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (B.S., 1982)
- Nebraska (1985)
- U.S. Tax Court (1985)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, Federal Circuit (1985)
In its newly released 2022 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 47 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries. Of these partners recognized based on peer-review surveys, 11 were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
Stated simply, many community banks find themselves at a strategic crossroads. They may be presently large enough to thrive in the present environment. They may need to grow (either organically or through acquisition) to a size which enables them to operate efficiently and profitably. Alternatively, they may need to prepare to sell.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) recently released the revised thresholds used in determining whether parties to certain acquisition transactions are required to comply with the requirements of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 (HSR Act). The thresholds are revised on an annual basis by the FTC to reflect changes in the gross national product. The revised thresholds will become effective on February 11, 2013.
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Corporation, Banking and Business Law, Litigation and Antitrust Sections)
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Antitrust Law, Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law
- “Best Lawyers” Omaha Banking and Finance Law Lawyer of the Year 2013
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating