“As a daughter of immigrants, I know that the immigration process can be daunting, which is why I genuinely love working with organizations to develop immigration strategies and to help individuals achieve their goals of living and working in the United States.”
Diana’s passion for immigration law is apparent in her strategic representation of those faced with immigration struggles. For over 10 years, she has provided counsel and representation on immigration issues to businesses, immigrants and their families from all over the world, helping them navigate the ins and outs of various immigration issues. As McGrath North’s leader of this practice, Diana works with a broad range of immigrant and non-immigrant petitions and provides guidance and training to corporate clients of all sizes on worksite enforcement issues, I-9 employment verification matters, and developing and implementing immigration policies and protocols.
Working side by side with our labor and employment attorneys, our paraprofessional support, and utilizing state of the art technology, Diana has been successful in developing and managing creative, cost effective and sound legal strategies for diverse clients ranging from small startups to large global organization and individuals in all facets of immigration law that includes:
- B Visas (Business visitors)
- E-1 and E-2 Visas (Treaty traders and treaty investors)
- E-3 Visas (Australian specialty workers)
- H-1B Visas (Specialty occupations)
- J-1 Visas (Exchange visitors)
- L-1 Visas (Intracompany transferees – executives and managers)
- O/P Visas (Persons with extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics)
- TN (Treaty nationals visas under NAFTA)
Immigrant Visas/Permanent Residents:
- Employment-based immigrant petitions
- Family-based immigrant petitions
- Fiancé visas
- DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)
- VAWA (Victims of domestic violence)
- U Visas (Victims of violent crimes)
- T Visas (Victims of trafficking)
- SIJS (Special Immigrant Juvenile Status)
- Removal of Conditions
- I-9 audits
Businesses need to be able to hire and retain the best and brightest talent in order to stay competitive and Diana is driven to help manage the immigration process to make this happen. Diana represents immigration clients in every jurisdiction of the U.S., handling matters before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Immigration Court and Board of Immigration Appeals.
Diana has helped educate the public on immigration practices by speaking on a weekly Spanish radio show and presenting at a variety of forums, locally and nationally. She is also the immediate past chair of the Iowa/Nebraska American Immigration lawyers Association (AILA) Chapter. She is fluent in English and Spanish.
When not working, Diana enjoys spending time with her three energetic young boys.