Scott has practiced nationwide with extensive litigation experience in Nebraska, Iowa, Alabama, Illinois, Texas and Oklahoma.
Scott is outside general counsel for the Omaha Airport Authority.
Scott’s litigation practice remains primarily defense oriented, concentrating on medical malpractice defense and insurance coverage.
Scott is also a frequent speaker on ethics and professional responsibility at various seminars and conferences throughout the Midwest.
Scott has been a shareholder in the firm since 1990. The law firm at which he previously practiced merged with McGrath North in 1988. He has over 37 years of litigation experience.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., 1981)
- University of Iowa (B.B.A., 1978)
- Nebraska (1981: Sustaining Member)
- Iowa (Inactive) (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (1981)
In its newly released 2023 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 44 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries, and 28 attorneys have been recognized for 10 years or more. Of these attorneys recognized based on peer-review surveys, seven were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
McGrath North is honored to announce that 20 of its lawyers have been recognized as Great Plains Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in the 2022 Super Lawyers Ranking list. These lawyers practice in the core specialty areas critical to serving the firm’s clients across the country and help fulfill our commitment to focus first and always on client success.
- Nebraska State Bar Association – President 2018-2019
- Omaha Bar Association, President 2006-2007
- Nebraska State Bar Association – Executive Council 2011-2020
- Nebraska State Bar Association – House of Delegates 2009-2013, 2021
- Chair of OBA Ethics Seminar Committee
- Nebraska Judicial Qualifications Commission (2021-2025)
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Commercial Litigation, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law, Insurance Law, Litigation – Insurance, Professional Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs
- “Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Insurance Law, 2018
- “Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Litigation - Insurance, 2023
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Insurance Coverage, Class Action/Mass Torts, Professional Liability) 2007-2010, 2012-2022
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating
- Fellow: Nebraska State Bar Foundation, 2021
- Fellow: American Bar Foundation, 2021
- Listed: Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Nebraska, Insurance – Band 1)
- Related Practices
- Related Industries