Scott has practiced nationwide with extensive litigation experience in Nebraska, Iowa, Alabama, Illinois, Texas and Oklahoma.
Scott is outside general counsel for the Omaha Airport Authority.
Scott’s litigation practice remains primarily defense oriented, concentrating on medical malpractice defense and insurance coverage.
Scott is also a frequent speaker on ethics and professional responsibility at various seminars and conferences throughout the Midwest.
Scott has been a shareholder in the firm since 1990. The law firm at which he previously practiced merged with McGrath North in 1988. He has over 37 years of litigation experience.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., 1981)
- University of Iowa (B.B.A., 1978)
- Nebraska (1981)
- Iowa (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (1981)
- Nebraska State Bar Association – President 2018-2019
- Omaha Bar Association, President 2006-2007
- Nebraska State Bar Association – Executive Council 2011-2020
- Nebraska State Bar Association – House of Delegates 2009-2013
- Chair of OBA Ethics Seminar Committee
- Nebraska Judicial Qualifications Commission (2021-2025)
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Commercial Litigation, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law, Insurance Law, Litigation – Insurance, Professional Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs
- “Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Insurance Law, 2018
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Insurance Coverage, Class Action/Mass Torts, Professional Liability) 2007-2010, 2012-2021
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating
- Related Practices
- Related Industries