Jeff’s clients often come to him for counsel regarding how to structure and complete business transactions, especially those in the agriculture, technology and energy sectors. Each client gets Jeff’s personal attention, and he puts his experience to work finding strategic solutions and producing timely results. It’s this combination of strategy and efficiency that sets Jeff apart.
Jeff represented a minority partner in a strategic joint venture. With two other industry players as partners, each had competing viewpoints and interests and discussions weren’t moving forward. Jeff helped facilitate face-to-face negotiations and problem-solving sessions. These meetings produced a plan that each partner could get behind, and led to the joint venture formation in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 1998)
- Creighton University (B.S.B.A., Cum Laude, 1995)
- Nebraska (1998: Sustaining Member)
In its newly released 2023 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 44 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries, and 28 attorneys have been recognized for 10 years or more. Of these attorneys recognized based on peer-review surveys, seven were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
McGrath North continues its tradition in 2022 of being highly recognized for excellence by Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, with 25 McGrath North attorneys receiving special recognition in their legal practice areas, and 7 core practice areas being ranked for excellence. These recognitions include:
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association Member House of Delegates 2009-2013
- American Bar Association
- Founding Member of Nebraska Chapter of Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) and member of ACG Nebraska Membership Committee
- Judge Donald P. Lay Law Review Award
- Assistant Editor, Creighton University Law Review
- Author: “The Eighth Circuit Reorganizes a Successor Corporation’s Duty to Warn in Sherlock v. Quality Control Equipment Company”, 30 Creighton Law Review 1053, 1997
- Listed: Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Nebraska, Corporate/Commercial – Band 3)
- Listed: Great Plains Rising Star (Mergers & Acquisitions, Energy & Natural Resources, Business/Corporate) 2013
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Corporate Law
- “Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Law, 2021
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, Distinguished
- Related Practices
- Banking and Commercial Financial Services
- Business and Corporate
- Intellectual Property
- Related Industries