John has 37 years of experience handling of all types of personal injury cases, including personal injury claims, insurance defense claims, insurance contract claims, ERISA claims, workers’ compensation claims, product liability claims, and medical and legal malpractice claims.
His clients are typically faced with rebuilding their lives from devastating physical and financial injuries caused by the irresponsible acts of others. Frequently in personal injury claims there are other law issues that need to be resolved, such as taxation, estate matters, etc. John works closely with other McGrath North attorneys that specialize in these areas to find a resolution that is in the best interest of his clients.
John has been with McGrath North since 1979 and is licensed to practice in the state, federal and workers’ compensation courts for the states of Iowa and Nebraska.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., 1974)
- Creighton University (B.S., 1971)
- Nebraska (1974)
- Iowa (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (1985)
- U.S. District Court of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Nebraska Association of Trial Lawyers
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- “Best Lawyers in America” Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2019
- “Best Lawyers in America” Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers, 2020
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Personal Injury – General) 2012-2017
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating