Lauren’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and the representation of creditors and distressed businesses in and outside of bankruptcy. She has a passion for tackling complex business issues by finding practical and creative solutions for her clients. Lauren leads the firm’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditor’s Right group.
Lauren’s insolvency and bankruptcy experience includes representing creditors in a variety of complex commercial disputes, including the representation of large lenders and lien holders in the multi-million dollar disputes with borrowers and serving as debtor’s counsel in chapter 11 bankruptcies and matters under the new Small Business Reorganization Act. Notably, Lauren has served as debtor’s counsel in the largest bankruptcy case in Nebraska history. It is Lauren’s work on behalf of both creditors and debtors that uniquely enhances her effectiveness in addressing her clients’ needs. Her practical experience is bolstered by her prior work experience.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren served as both a judicial extern for the Honorable Jeff Bohm, Bankruptcy Judge for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas and as a term law clerk for the Honorable Robert Martin, Chief Judge of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Wisconsin. Both experiences afforded Lauren the benefit of understanding how bankruptcy courts operate and how the judiciary views and addresses bankruptcy matters. Further, prior to attending law school, Lauren worked as a Certified Public Accountant at a global accounting firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Her clients can be sure that her legal and accounting experience provide her with the knowledge to handle any time of case.
Lauren is also a member of the firm’s commercial litigation group through which, over the last decade, she has litigated a variety of commercial and personal disputes, ranging from the successful defense of legal and accounting negligence claims to mass torts to claims involving freight broker liability. Her experience in this area includes all phases of litigation, including motion practice, discovery, trial and if necessary, appeal. It is this broad range of experience that guides Lauren’s practice and supports her ability to handle the most complex legal issues for business of all sides.
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., 2010)
- University of Iowa (B.S. and B.B.A., 2005)
- Iowa (2010)
- Nebraska (2011)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Iowa Law Review, 2008-2009
- Equal Justice Foundation, Treasurer, 2009-2010
- Judicial Clerk for Chief Judge Robert Martin, Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- Certified Public Accounting Certificate
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers Rising Star (Civil Litigation, Creditor Debtor Rights, Bankruptcy) 2016-2021
- Related Practices
- Banking and Commercial Financial Services
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors Rights
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Related Industries