For clients facing current or anticipated tax audits, and in need of expert counsel for tax planning and assessment defense, Matt’s experience and strategic solutions provide welcome relief. He also helps clients head off potential problems at the pass, understanding and planning for the tax ramifications of significant business events. Matt’s analytical approach keeps his clients informed on how the law will, or could, affect their business decisions. Looking at situations with a business model analysis helps Matt spot potential pitfalls the client might have overlooked, and it helps keep the big picture intact – from transaction to transaction. And, if a dispute should arise, he stands by his team’s ability to provide superior representation.
For Matt’s full State Tax profile, click here.
For more information on our State Tax and Incentives Practice, see www.NebraskaStateTax.com.
Matt has successfully represented a wide variety of companies in many business sectors in the defense and resolution of tax audits and appeals. Matt’s work has helped businesses save tens of millions of dollars in tax costs – both in taxes saved and tax incentives received.
Matt is also an experienced Estate Planner. He has been selected to teach Estate Planning to business students at Creighton University for several years, as well as Estate and Gift Taxation at the Creighton University School of Law.
- University of Alabama School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, Magna Cum Laude & Valedictorian, 2010)
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 2006)
- Creighton University (B.S.B.A., Summa Cum Laude, 1999)
- Nebraska (2006)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska (2006)
- U.S. Tax Court (2006)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2006)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (2006)
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Nebraska Society of CPAs
- Adjunct Professor, Estate Planning, Creighton University School of Business
- Adjunct Professor, Estate and Gift Taxation, Creighton University School of Law
- Author, Lexis Nexis Federal Tax Advisor
- Author, Lexis Nexis Nebraska State Tax Insights
- Creighton Law Review
- International Moot Court Board
- Traveling Moot Court Team
- Certified Public Accountant Certificate
- Listed: Great Plains Rising Star (Tax, Estate Planning & Probate) 2016-2017
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Trusts and Estates
- Related Practices
- Business and Corporate
- Tax, Trusts and Estates
- Related Industries