Clients hire Patrick because of his confident, knowledgeable and strategic approach to litigation and dispute resolution, and his track record of success. Patrick represents clients operating in a variety of industries in a broad range of business disputes in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration. He also represents clients in eminent domain matters, government procurement matters, and tax disputes.
Patrick analyzes each matter based on its complexity and severity and identifies the possible range of resolutions. He understands that each client and case are unique, and that lawsuits disrupt executives, managers and their business. So before determining a plan of action, Patrick works closely with his clients to understand their specific goals and to map out a tailored plan to maximize achieving them.
Patrick’s success-driven approach has resulted in his recognition in Chambers, Best Lawyers of America, Law360, and Great Plains Super Lawyers.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 2005)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (B.S.B.A., 2002)
- Nebraska (2005)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska (2005)
In its newly released 2022 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 47 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries. Of these partners recognized based on peer-review surveys, 11 were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
Let’s face it: in today’s world, social networking is everywhere. Whether via Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter, we are all attempting to stay connected with friends, family, or even co-workers. Many of these sites offer “privacy settings” allowing us to keep some of this information private by limiting access to only those authorized. But, be advised: if you are ever involved in a lawsuit, this “private” information may not be quite as private as you may think.
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Creighton Law Review Staff 2003-2004, Assistant Editor, 2005
- Domestic Moot Court Board, 2004-2005
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Insurance, Litigation – Securities, 2016-2022
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Business Litigation), 2013-2021
- Listed: Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Nebraska, Litigation: General Commercial – Up-and-Coming)
- In Re Application OP-0003, 932 N.W.2d 653 (Neb. 2019)
- Represented only major oil pipeline company to obtain siting approval in Nebraska through trial and appeal.
- Boyd Jones Construction Co., et al. v. Ootzie Properties, et al., (Pottawattamie County District Court 2018)
- Obtained summary judgment and order of foreclosure in multi-party construction dispute.
- TransCanada Keystone Pipeline, LP v. Nicholas Family Limited Partnership, et al., 908 N.W.2d 60 (Neb. 2018)
- Represented successful party in 40 separate fee disputes at county court, district court, and through consolidated appeal.
- In Re Syngenta Mass Tort Actions, 2017 WL 54345
- Obtained complete dismissal of client in mass action proceeding.
- In Re Syngenta Ag MIR 162 Corn Litigation, 2016 WL 4382772
- Obtained complete dismissal of client in multiple putative class actions.
- Coventry Health Care of Nebraska, Inc. v. Nebraska Department of Administrative Services, et al., 2016 WL 4435197 (Dist. Neb. 2016)
- Represented successful bid protestor through protest and subsequent procurement litigation involving State’s procurement for contracts for managed care organizations.
- Castellar Partners, LLC v. AMP Ltd., 864 N.W.2d 391 (Neb. 2015)
- Represented international financial services company in the successful enforcement of a forum selection and jurisdiction contract provision.
- McKinnis Roofing and Sheet Metal, Inc. v. Hicks, 803 N.W.2d 414 (Neb. 2011)
- Represented homeowner at trial and on appeal in successful dispute with roofing company.
- ConAgra Trade Group, Inc. v. Fuel Exploration, LLC, (Dist. Colorado 2009)
- Obtained summary judgment of liability in favor of client on dispute regarding crude oil derivatives.
- Related Practices
- Business and Corporate
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Litigation
- Commodity Litigation
- Construction Claims Litigation and Arbitration
- Corporate Governance, Securities Litigation and Shareholder Disputes
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation
- Food and Agribusiness Litigation
- Governmental Disputes and Actions
- Insurance Litigation - Coverage and Defense
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Personal Injury and Product Liability Litigation
- Real Estate
- Related Industries