With about three decades of mergers, acquisitions, corporate and real estate law experience, Patrick works together with his clients to develop an effective roadmap to success, then guides them to an effective result. Regardless of the complexity, Patrick assists his clients to find practical and timely solutions to each unique situation.
Patrick has extensive experience representing public and private clients in M&A transactions, real estate matters, business entity formation and governance, business planning and general transaction and contract negotiations in a wide variety of industries, including food, agriculture, manufacturing, energy, financial and technology.
Patrick’s experience provides him with a background that allows him to negotiate effectively on his client’s behalf, to make constructive suggestions to resolve difficult issues, and to provide sound strategic advice.
Patrick was working with a manufacturing client who had built his business from the ground up and was ready to sell. While the client had interested buyers, the business had some issues that complicated the sale. Patrick sat down with the client and they put together a game plan to help shore up the issues and make the business more attractive to the market. With the client’s cooperation and collaboration, the business quickly sold and the client was able to close on very favorable terms.
- University of Nebraska College of Law (J.D., With High Distinction, 1993)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (B.S., With Highest Distinction, 1990)
- Nebraska (1993)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska (1993)
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Editorial Staff, Nebraska Law Review
- Author: “Executive Compensation Disclosure: The SEC’s Attempt to Facilitate Market Forces,” 72 Nebraska Law Review 803 (1993)
- Nebraska State Bar Association Silver Quill Legal Writing Award
- Listed: Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Nebraska, Corporate/Commercial – Band 3)
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating
- Related Practices
- Banking and Commercial Financial Services
- Business and Corporate
- Real Estate
- Related Industries