Peter is an experienced lawyer specializing in employee benefits and ERISA matters. He serves as the head of the McGrath North Employee Benefits Practice Group. Peter works with retirement and health and welfare plans as well as nonualified deferred compensation plans and aggrangements. His experience includes serving as counsel in mergers and acquisitions with respect to employee benefit plans and due diligence; representing clients before the IRS and Department of Labor; providing retirement plan design counsel and documentation for corporate, tax-exempt and governmental entities; and advising clients with respect to prohibited transaction exemptions and fiduciary obligations. Peter’s banking background and experience with multinational companies give him a unique perspective and the ability to offer his clients tremendous value.
With over 30 years of experience, Peter has learned that by treating the client relationship like a partnership, he can clearly see the issue from the client’s perspective and offer an array of practical solutions that can appropriately and effectively solve the problem at hand. His clients are regularly challenged to provide competitive employee and executive benefit programs in a complex and demanding regulatory environment, but Peter’s expertise and insight are always up for the challenge.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., 1989)
- Creighton University (, 1983)
- Nebraska (1989)
- Colorado (2013 (inactive))
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- “Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, 2017
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Employee Benefits Law) 2018-2021
- Adjunct Professor-Employee Benefits, Creighton University School of Law
- Creighton Law Review Member
- Creighton Moot Court Board Member
- Pension Council of the Midlands, President (2003-2006)
- Western Pension and Benefits Council, Member
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating