Bob believes being an outstanding litigator and trial lawyer requires experience, preparation, technical proficiency and sound judgment in equal measure. These skills must be applied within the context of reasonable and appropriate budgetary constraints. With so much on the line when it comes to trial and litigation, Bob works hard to prove to his clients that litigators aren’t simply interchangeable commodities. Instead, Bob believes the core of good legal counsel lies in trusted, long-term relationships. Bob has built these relationships, some dating back more than two decades, on competence and client communication. He has over thirty five years of litigation and first chair trial experience in Federal Court, State Court and Workers’ Compensation Court.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., With Distinction, 1974)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., 1971)
- Nebraska (1974: Sustaining Member)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska (1974)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (1989)
In its newly released 2023 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 44 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries, and 28 attorneys have been recognized for 10 years or more. Of these attorneys recognized based on peer-review surveys, seven were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
McGrath North is honored to announce that 20 of its lawyers have been recognized as Great Plains Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in the 2022 Super Lawyers Ranking list. These lawyers practice in the core specialty areas critical to serving the firm’s clients across the country and help fulfill our commitment to focus first and always on client success.
McGrath North is pleased to announce that 19 of the firm’s lawyers have been recognized in the 2008 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. The lawyers recognized for this honor are:
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association, Torts and Insurance Law Section
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Fellow, Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation, Director 2008-Present
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation, Officer 2013-Present, currently serving as Vice President.
- Elected to American College of Trial Lawyers, 1998, State Chair 2009-10
- Elected to Federation of Insurance and Corporate Counsel, 1996
- Past Chairman of Omaha Bar Association Court’s Committee
- Past Chairman of Nebraska Federal Practice Committee
- Past Member of Nebraska State Bar Association House of Delegates
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Litigation – Insurance, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- “Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Workers’ Compensation Law-Employers, 2022
- “Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2021
- “Best Lawyers”, Omaha Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs Lawyer of the Year 2017
- “Best Lawyers”, Omaha Product Liability Litigation – Defendants Lawyer of the Year 2015
- “Best Lawyers”, Omaha Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year 2013, 2020
- Listed: Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Nebraska, Insurance – Band 1)
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (General Litigation, Business Litigation, Insurance Coverage) 2007-2022
- Selected Top 10 Nebraska Super Lawyers (2012-2018)
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating