Roger has been the lead counsel in literally hundreds of transactions spanning a wide range, including public company mergers, international joint ventures and all forms of acquisitions, mergers and financing transactions. Each situation inevitably requires an intimate knowledge of the complex business and legal issues that can entangle any transaction.
Roger makes the effort to gain that knowledge to help simplify the deal for his clients. More often than not, these transactions need to take place within a rigid timeframe – where initiative and creativity matter. For Roger, the volume of the complexities he has faced makes a big difference and has helped him develop the expertise, judgment and balance to develop a clear path toward his clients’ objectives.
Roger served as the firm's President for over 12 years and is currently Chairman of McGrath North and remains committed full-time to his clients and transactional practice. His success is reflected in:
- The number and range of clients that he represents include publicly traded companies; private companies (local, regional and national); both strategic and financial buyers and sellers; big and small.
- The clients that Roger has been lead transactional lawyer include Louis Dreyfus Commodities, ConAgra Foods, Gavilon Group, First Data Corporation, ICF International, First Capital Partners, Wells Enterprises, and Blue Cross-Blue Shield Nebraska.
- The industries that Roger is involved with include food and consumer products; agriculture; commodities; financial institutions; information technology; manufacturing; and many more.
- The scope of transactions that he has experienced include both domestic and international.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 1981)
- Creighton University (B.S.B.A., Summa Cum Laude, 1979)
- Nebraska (1981: Sustaining Member)
McGrath North is sponsoring and conducting our Tenth Annual Seminar for Accounting Professionals in Omaha, Nebraska. The seminar will focus on a variety of topics such as: Assessing and Addressing Cyber Risk, M&A for the CPA, Section 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges, Patent Protection, New Wage and Hour Exempt Status, Working with Potential Litigation in Mind, New Developments and Practice Pointers for State Taxes and Incentives, plus Common Retirement Plan Errors and Correction Opportunities and how they impact CPAs.
McGrath North is pleased to announce that 19 of the firm’s lawyers have been recognized in the 2008 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. The lawyers recognized for this honor are:
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Listed: Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business (Nebraska, Corporate/Commercial - Band 1)
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Antitrust Law, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Commercial Transactions / UCC Law, Corporate Law, International Trade and Finance Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- “Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), 2022, 2024
- “Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2020
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Mergers and Acquisitions, Business/Corporate) 2007-2023
- Trustee, Business Ethics Alliance
- Editorial Staff, Creighton Law Review
- Creighton Moot Court Board
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Related Practices
- Banking and Commercial Financial Services
- Business and Corporate
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Business Formation and Planning
- Capital Markets and Securities Transactions
- Commercial Contracts and Transactions
- Commodity Transactions
- Corporate Finance and Lending
- Executive Compensation
- Food, Dietary Supplements and Beverages
- International Business
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Venture Capital
- Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance
- Related Industries