If you’re in the midst of a major business transaction, you’ll want to work with Roger, who is the co-chair of McGrath North’s Business and Corporate practice group and heads the firm’s mergers and acquisition practice. Roger has been the lead counsel in literally hundreds of transactions spanning a wide range, including public company mergers, international joint ventures and all forms of acquisitions, mergers and financing transactions. Each situation inevitably requires an intimate knowledge of the complex business and legal issues that can entangle any transaction.
Roger makes the effort to gain that knowledge to help simplify the deal for his clients. More often than not, these transactions need to take place within a rigid timeframe – where initiative and creativity matter. For Roger, the volume of the complexities he has faced makes a big difference and has helped him develop the expertise, judgment and balance to develop a clear path toward his clients’ objectives.
Roger became president of McGrath North in 2010 but remains committed full-time to his clients and transactional practice. His success is reflected in:
- The number and range of clients that he represents…publicly traded companies; private companies (local, regional and national); both strategic and financial buyers and sellers; big and small.
- The clients that Roger has been lead transactional lawyer include: Louis Dreyfus Commodities, ConAgra Foods, Gavilon Group, First Data Corporation, ICF International, First Capital Partners, Wells Enterprises, and Blue Cross-Blue Shield Nebraska.
- The industries that Roger is involved with…food and consumer products; agriculture; commodities; financial institutions; information technology; manufacturing; government contracting; and many more.
- The scope of transactions that he has experienced, both domestic and international.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 1981)
- Creighton University (B.S.B.A., Summa Cum Laude, 1979)
- Nebraska (1981)
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- BTI Client Service All-Star, 2010
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Antitrust Law, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- “Best Lawyers in America” Omaha Mergers and Acquisitions Law Lawyer of the Year 2020
- Listed: Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Nebraska, Corporate/Commercial – Band 1)
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Mergers and Acquisitions, Business/Corporate) 2007-2021
- Trustee, Business Ethics Alliance
- Editorial Staff, Creighton Law Review
- Creighton Moot Court Board
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating
- Related Practices
- Banking and Commercial Financial Services
- Business and Corporate
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Business Formation and Planning
- Capital Markets and Securities Transactions
- Commercial Contracts and Transactions
- Commodity Transactions
- Corporate Finance and Lending
- Executive Compensation
- Food, Dietary Supplements and Beverages
- International Business
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Venture Capital
- Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance
- Real Estate
- Related Industries