DJ is a member of McGrath's Litigation Group, where he clerked for two years during law school. After graduating from the University of Nebraska at Kearney in 2013, DJ served as a congressional intern for U.S. Congressman Adrian Smith, gaining valuable experience. He then worked as an adjustor and claims examiner in the workers' compensation industry which gave him practical experience and led him to law school.
DJ graduated magna cum laude from Creighton University School of Law in December 2020. He received numerous academic honors, was inducted in 2020 into Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society, and received the Frances M. Ryan Diversity Scholarship. DJ was also active in the broader law school community and served as an officer in the Black Law Student Association and Immigration Law Society.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2020)
- University of Nebraska at Kearney (, 2013)
- NE - Nebraska (2021: Sustaining Member)
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society, 2020
- Frances M. Ryan Diversity Scholarship Recipient
- Congressional Intern (Adrian Smith), 2014-2015
- Judicial Extern, U.S. Court of Appeal's 8th Circuit's Judge L. Steven Grasz, 2020
- Nebraska Dispute Resolution-Basic Mediation Training, May 2020