McGrath North has been advocating to protect the business interests of food and agribusiness clients for more than 40 years.
We know and understand the unique complexities of these industries, so we are day-one ready to work with in-house counsel and business leaders to develop effective strategies to defend against a broad range of claims, and to prosecute their commercial rights against other businesses when necessary. Our capabilities are comprehensive because our litigation team collaborates with other practice specialty teams across the firm who also have deep experience in representing clients in these industries on a full scope of regulatory and compliance matters before the broad range of relevant federal and state agencies.
We advise and represent food and agribusiness clients from international Fortune 500 market leaders, to highly successful mid-size national companies, and smaller regional industry players. We tailor our advocacy strategies to match our clients’ individual goals to create value-driven solutions. Because of the decades of experience of our team, we have sophisticated trial experience (we are not just litigators), which positions us to implement the best strategy for each client and dispute, which may range from mediation and settlement, to arbitration, to bench trials, or jury trials. And while our offices are in Omaha, we handle litigation and disputes across the country before federal and state courts, and key federal and state agencies such as FDA, USDA, EEOC, EPA, the Patent and Trademark Office and many more.
Our experience in part includes:
- multi-plaintiff product liability claims for a broad range of manufactured products.
- consumer claims arising from alleged food contamination, and related recalls.
- commercial disputes up and down the supply chain.
- claims related to natural and organic labeling, as well as other food labeling matters.
- full range of regulatory matters before FDA, USDA, and state agencies.
- antitrust and DOJ matters.
- commodity disputes and claims.
- workforce and benefits disputes.
- patent and trademark protection.
- credit, financing, and insolvency claims.