McGrath North has a long history of working in the energy sector. Our energy clients include developers, project owners, investors, raw material suppliers, off-take marketers, financial institutions, utilities and energy consumers.
McGrath North’s energy lawyers have experience in the traditional energy sector (including oil and gas industries, electric and gas utilities, and natural gas pipelines), as well as the renewable energy sector (including biofuels, wind and geothermal). We have also worked on projects involving emerging areas of renewable energy credits, carbon credits, climate change and green construction. We provide our energy clients with strategic legal counsel on a comprehensive range of issues, including: project finance; mergers and acquisitions; power marketing; energy regulation; transmission; energy facility siting and development, licensing and permitting; project construction and design, operations and maintenance; fuel supply and transportation; commodity related contracts and agreements; economic incentives; and arbitration and litigation.
- Representation of a pipeline owner in the right-of-way acquisition, permitting and construction of an interstate pipeline.
- Representation of project developer in connection with construction of a wind energy project and power purchase agreement.
- Representation of clients in connection with various commodity supply and off-take agreements involving ethanol and biodiesel projects.
- Representation of an ethanol company in connection with site development and project financing for ethanol facilities.
- Representation of clients in connection with forward contracts, swaps and hedges on energy-related positions.
- Representation of landowner group in lease negotiations for a wind project development.
- Representation of lenders in syndicated loan to renewable energy company for funding of major acquisition and revolving credit facility.
- Representation of landowner group in regard to carbon credit program.
- Representation of directors of natural gas interlocal organization in regard to dispute pertaining to fiduciary duties.
- Representation of public utility in regard to construction dispute on nuclear power plant.
- Representation of clients in connection with acquisitions and divestitures of biofuels projects.
- Representation of energy development clients in connection with state economic incentives.