Federal and state securities laws related to private equity financing, fund formation and investment adviser regulations are extremely complex and constantly changing. In this challenging environment, McGrath North offers significant experience representing early stage and established businesses on a full range of private equity and venture capital transactions. We also represent fund sponsors and investors in organizing funds, raising capital and making investments. Our practical-solutions approach to regulatory issues, together with our in-depth knowledge of corporate finance transactions, allows us to tailor an integrated package of private equity and venture capital services to meet the individual legal and business needs of our clients.
Representative private equity, hedge fund and venture capital matters our attorneys have handled include representation of:
- an established $150+ million hedge fund in multiple private placements of LP units, multiple private investments and investment adviser registration with the SEC and related compliance matters;
- multiple investors in connection with Schedule 13G, Schedule 13D and Schedule 13F filings with the SEC:
- a start-up military contractor in a $2 million private placement of preferred stock to venture capital investors;
- an established independent living community contractor in a $14 million private placement of LLC units;
- a start-up hedge fund in connection with a $10 million private placement of LLC units;
- an early-stage national franchisor in a $3 million private placement of preferred stock; and
- a start-up energy trading company in a $2 million private placement of promissory notes and LP units.