In times of financial uncertainty, we understand that all business face difficult decisions.
Our goal is to guide each business or trustee through each of those decisions by providing calm assurance and diligent representation in protecting their interests and achieving their goals. For distressed businesses, our extensive experience enables us to help clients fashion plans for moving toward solid financial ground, whether that be through out-of-court workouts or chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
We have handled matters ranging from small workouts to the largest bankruptcy case in Nebraska history. A representative list of the firm’s varied and significant experience is below:
DEBTORS AND TRUSTEES
- Specialty Retail Shops Holding Corp. (Shopko) and its debtor affiliates, as local counsel, in their chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings filed in Nebraska;
- Court-appointed chapter 11 trustee of Hearthstone Homes, Inc. in a bankruptcy case involving one of the region’s largest residential homebuilders;
- Professional Veterinary Products, Ltd. in its Chapter 11 case, which involved over $40M in assets and $30M in liabilities;
- Restorations & Renovations in a successful restructuring of its debt through Chapter 11;
- Altra Nebraska, LLC, an ethanol production company, in its Chapter 11 case which involved a sale of substantially all of its assets through a 11 U.S.C. § 363 sale;
- Stage Stores in the successful acquisition of substantially all of the assets owned by chapter 11 debtor, Gordmans;
- Numerous other debt restructurings and work-outs outside of bankruptcy court.