“Our clients typically expect expert advice, attention to details and a partner who will help them close a transaction on their schedule.”
When confronted with the complex issues and tight deadlines that accompany commercial financing transactions, every client faces different challenges. That’s why our services are tailored to each client’s needs, from offering targeted advice on isolated issues, to negotiating and documenting a transaction from start to finish. And since we represent both borrowers and lenders, our experience covers a full range of commercial financing transactions, from revolvers, term loans and asset-securitization facilities, to letters of credit, syndicated and participated facilities, and secured and unsecured loans. We also have significant experience handling difficult issues arising from multiple layers of financing and complex structures, including those related to mezzanine financing, subordination agreements, intercreditor agreements, subsidiary and parent guarantees and a wide range of collateral issues. This depth of knowledge, together with a strong sense of market terms, enables us to negotiate, provide practical advice and successfully close deals for our finance and lending clients.
Representative finance and lending transactions we have handled include representation of the following:
- the administrative agent in connection with a $130 million syndicated credit facility to a cattle feeding operation.
- a private equity group with respect to $35 million of senior, mezzanine and seller financing for the acquisition of a mineral product company.
- a bank providing a $127 million combined revolving credit and term loan facility to a Nasdaq-listed grain company.
- a NYSE-listed global producer of fabricated metal products in connection with a $200 million bridge credit facility used to fund a tender offer for a company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- a bank extending a $45 million revolving credit facility to a SEC-reporting veterinary and animal food distribution business.
- a Nasdaq-listed hotel REIT in connection with a $46 million revolving credit facility, a $106 million mortgage loan and $70 million of CMBS loans.
- a bank extending a $48 million revolving credit facility to a hog producer.
- an agricultural and energy commodities company in connection with a $120 million secured project finance facility.
- a bank with respect to the purchase of $26 million of bank qualified, tax-exempt bonds used to construct a continuing care retirement community located in Chicago, Illinois.
- a specialty structures / irrigation equipment manufacturer in connection with revolving credit facilities of $400 million, $280 million and $150 million.
- a hog processor in connection with a $40 million revolving credit facility, a $60 million term loan and a $30 million construction loan.
- a home improvement financing company in connection with a $190 million term loan facility.
- a dairy product manufacturer with respect to a $225 million revolving credit and term loan facility.