“We offer practical counsel to help mitigate the perils and to simplify the complexity of conducting business on an international stage.”
Businesses operating outside the U.S. become subject to the laws of foreign jurisdictions. In addition, U.S. companies involved in cross-border transactions must comply with a variety of U.S. regulations that can be challenging to understand. At McGrath North, our experience with foreign commerce enables us to analyze the risks and implications of your business plans, explain your options and address your needs before entering into a transaction. We understand the issues that you can encounter and, when necessary, are able to draw upon an extensive network of foreign counsel that we have established over the years. In addition to explaining the scope and diversity of laws that govern these transactions, we can help address the risks involved with long-distance shipping and other logistics.
- Assisted U.S. clients in the formation of several foreign manufacturing and sales joint ventures in countries such as Canada, India, Mexico, Chile, China, Turkey and various jurisdictions in Europe.
- Represented a client in the structuring and financing of a worldwide production and distribution alliance. The alliance was created with an offshore partner and required the formation of separate operating companies in Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom as well as the U.S.
- Represented clients in the acquisition and disposition of numerous offshore business operations and companies.
- Negotiated and drafted supply and offtake agreements in connection with biofuel projects in Australia and Southeast Asia.
- Drafted and negotiated distribution and sales agency agreements throughout the world; handled terminations of foreign distributors and sales agents.
- Assisted clients with U.S. regulatory and other aspects of importing and exporting goods.