“We assist our M&A clients in achieving practical, understandable and effective solutions to transactions that are often complex.”
Whether you are a Fortune 500 company, a small or mid-size business or an entrepreneur, M&A transactions can have a significant impact on your operations and bottom line. A good transaction can create synergies and expand opportunities, and a bad transaction can be a source of regret for years to come. As such, it is essential that your transaction team include seasoned and sophisticated counsel to help you navigate the process. This is exactly what we offer at McGrath North.
The volume and the complexity of the transactions in which we have been involved has allowed us to develop the judgment and know-how used to provide our clients with practical and results-driven counsel throughout the entire life of the transaction (including planning and structuring, due diligence, negotiation, board duties, drafting, regulatory compliance, closing, integration and enforcement). We have advised public companies, private companies, entrepreneurs, family businesses, private equity groups and others in a myriad of transactions, often working opposite one or more of the “big name” M&A law firms in the United States.
Our M&A team also draws upon the knowledge of attorneys in McGrath North’s other practice areas to provide a full range of services to our M&A clients (including securities, tax, antitrust, labor and employment, real estate, intellectual property and environmental).
Our M&A team is recognized regionally and nationally for its experience, high quality service and practical business insight, including a top rating from Best Lawyers® in Mergers & Acquisitions Law and the highest ranking from Chambers USA in the Corporate/Commercial category based on our work in Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities and Corporate Governance. The McGrath North M&A team has the expertise and industry-knowledge to serve as the commercial partner you need for the success of your transaction.
Representative transactions our M&A team has handled include serving as lead counsel for:
- a public food, agriculture and commodities company in connection with a strategic disposition program involving numerous dispositions ranging in value from $20 million to over $3 billion.
- an international commodities company in connection with multiple acquisitions involving biofuels, grain, energy and other commodities, including public and private targets.
- the world’s largest animal protein processor in a strategic, cross-border acquisition.
- a midstream energy company in the formation of a joint venture in the crude oil business.
- a professional consulting company’s acquisition of a government service provider for approximately $155 million.
- a private service related company in connection with numerous add-on strategic acquisitions.
- an agribusiness entity in the formation of multiple joint ventures with international partners for the construction and operation of new facilities for grain, fertilizer and vegetable oil operations.
- a private pet food company in a strategic disposition through an auction transaction.
- a real estate investment trust in connection with multiple acquisition and divestiture transactions.
- a public information/technology company in strategic acquisitions and divestitures.
Stacey A. Shadden
Attorney, Chair, Business and Corporate GroupPhone (402) email@example.com