Clint concentrates his practice in intellectual property law, real estate law and business and corporate law. He represents a wide array of businesses, individual clients and non-profits, both domestically and internationally, with an emphasis on:
- Trademark and copyright practice
- Technology transactions, licensing, and commercial contracts
- Real Estate transactions
- Corporate compliance and governance matters
Clint provides practical, creative strategies and solutions that help clients protect and maximize value in their intellectual property. By combining elements of his intellectual practice with his commercial transaction experience, Clint guides clients through all aspects of intellectual property matters by counseling, protecting and enforcing their intellectual property rights at the state, federal and international level. Specific areas Clint focuses his practice on include licensing, trademark and copyright registration and enforcement, due diligence for mergers or acquisitions, and developing strategies to protect intellectual property.
Clint also represents clients involved in real estate transactions, including the purchase, sale or lease of commercial and residential real estate, advises corporations and closely-held businesses on issues concerning corporate governance and compliance, and the negotiation and documentation of everyday business transactions. He applies his years of experience to produce practical and effective ways to accomplish clients goals in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- University of Nebraska College of Law (J.D., with distinction, 2010)
- University of Nebraska at Lincoln (B.S., Criminal Justice, with distinction, 2006)
- Iowa (2010)
- Nebraska (2011)
- Colorado (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska (2011)
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals (2012)
In its newly released 2022 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 47 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries. Of these partners recognized based on peer-review surveys, 11 were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
Clint Cadwallader has been selected as a participant in the Leadership Omaha Class 44. Leadership Omaha has, for over four decades, strengthened the community by developing Omaha’s future leaders. Selection as a participant in this program is based on demonstrated community and professional involvement, leadership, and a strong vision for the future of Omaha.
McGrath North is sponsoring and conducting our Thirteenth Annual Seminar for Accounting Professionals in Omaha, Nebraska. The seminar will focus on a variety of topics such as: You’re Collecting Sensitive Personal And Financial Data From Your U.S. Clients: Are You Doing What Is Required To Protect It?; Help Your Consumer Products Clients Save Time and Money; Structuring and Implementing Buy-Sell Agreements; New Section 199A: All the Highlights; My Meme is Better than Yours: Internet IP Considerations; Labor and Employment Law Under Trump: Where are We and Where are We Headed?; The State Tax Anatomy Series—Wayfair Meets the Tax Defense Team; and Employee Benefits Annual Review.
As of January 2, 2021, the USPTO increased many of its official fees for trademark activities, the first in nearly three years. While a fee increase in the middle of a pandemic may seem ill-timed, the USPTO indicates such increases are necessary to cover increasing costs of operation, due in part to the constantly growing number of trademark filings. Specific fee increases for some of the most relevant or common actions are set forth below (all of which reflect fees for electronic filings).
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Colorado State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- President, Advisory Committee, Nebraska State Bar Association Find-a-Lawyer Program
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Paul D. Merritt Jr. and Robert R. Otte, Lancaster County District Court, 2008-2010
- Nebraska Law Review, Executive Editor
- Nebraska State Bar Association Leadership Academy, Class of 2017-2018
- Holy Name Housing Corporation, Board of Directors, Board Secretary, 2016-Present
- Omaha Bikes, Board of Directors, 2017-Present
- Joslyn Art Museum, Young Art Patrons Executive Committee Member, 2011-2013
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch”, Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Law, Real Estate Law, 2021 - 2022
- Related Practices
- Business and Corporate
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate
- Related Industries