Clint concentrates his practice in intellectual property law, real estate law and business and corporate law. He represents a wide array of businesses, individual clients and non-profits, both domestically and internationally, with an emphasis on:
- Trademark and copyright practice
- Technology transactions, licensing, and commercial contracts
- Real Estate transactions
- Corporate compliance and governance matters
Clint provides practical, creative strategies and solutions that help clients protect and maximize value in their intellectual property. By combining elements of his intellectual practice with his commercial transaction experience, Clint guides clients through all aspects of intellectual property matters by counseling, protecting and enforcing their intellectual property rights at the state, federal and international level. Specific areas Clint focuses his practice on include licensing, trademark and copyright registration and enforcement, due diligence for mergers or acquisitions, and developing strategies to protect intellectual property.
Clint also represents clients involved in real estate transactions, including the purchase, sale or lease of commercial and residential real estate, advises corporations and closely-held businesses on issues concerning corporate governance and compliance, and the negotiation and documentation of everyday business transactions. He applies his years of experience to produce practical and effective ways to accomplish clients goals in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- University of Nebraska College of Law (J.D., with distinction, 2010)
- University of Nebraska at Lincoln (B.S., Criminal Justice, with distinction, 2006)
- Iowa (2010)
- Nebraska (2011: Sustaining Member)
- Colorado (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska (2011)
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals (2012)
McGrath North is sponsoring and conducting our Thirteenth Annual Seminar for Accounting Professionals in Omaha, Nebraska. The seminar will focus on a variety of topics such as: You’re Collecting Sensitive Personal And Financial Data From Your U.S. Clients: Are You Doing What Is Required To Protect It?; Help Your Consumer Products Clients Save Time and Money; Structuring and Implementing Buy-Sell Agreements; New Section 199A: All the Highlights; My Meme is Better than Yours: Internet IP Considerations; Labor and Employment Law Under Trump: Where are We and Where are We Headed?; The State Tax Anatomy Series—Wayfair Meets the Tax Defense Team; and Employee Benefits Annual Review.
Design patents and trade dress registrations are often overlooked as a means of protecting intellectual property. Understanding the differences and similarities between each can guide decision making in order to capitalize on commercial success or keep products competitive in the market.
Beginning December 3, 2022, the USPTO changed the standard deadline to respond to Office Actions issued against a trademark application. With this change, the USPTO hopes to decrease the time it takes to obtain a registration. The new rule will change the existing 6 month period to respond to an Office Action to 3 months (starting from the issue date of the Office Action). As part of this change, there will be an option to extend that deadline an additional 3 months, for a total of 6 months. Failure to file a response or an extension request by the three-month deadline will result in abandonment of the application.
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Colorado State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- President, Advisory Committee, Nebraska State Bar Association Find-a-Lawyer Program
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Paul D. Merritt Jr. and Robert R. Otte, Lancaster County District Court, 2008-2010
- Nebraska Law Review, Executive Editor
- Nebraska State Bar Association Leadership Academy, Class of 2017-2018
- Holy Name Housing Corporation, Board of Directors, Board Secretary, 2016-Present
- Omaha Bikes, Board of Directors, 2017-Present
- Joslyn Art Museum, Young Art Patrons Executive Committee Member, 2011-2013
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch”, Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Law, Real Estate Law, 2021 - 2022
- Listed: Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Nebraska, Intellectual Property – Band 2)
- Related Practices
- Business and Corporate
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate
- Related Industries