Jason is the practice group leader for McGrath North’s Banking and Commercial Financial Services team. Jason works as a corporate attorney and specializes in representing borrowers and lenders in debt financing transactions and issuers in securities transactions and SEC compliance matters. He has deep experience with secured and unsecured credit facilities, private equity lending and borrowing, and project financing.
He is experienced in guiding clients through complex financial transactions and regulatory compliance and reporting requirements with a customized strategy that achieves the client’s goals while minimizing the time and cost to accomplish it. Jason works on financings involving businesses operating across numerous core industries, including all elements of the agribusiness, health care, hospitality, manufacturing and real estate industries.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 1999)
- Coe College (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1996)
- Nebraska (1999: Sustaining Member)
- New York (2018)
In its newly released 2023 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 44 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries, and 28 attorneys have been recognized for 10 years or more. Of these attorneys recognized based on peer-review surveys, seven were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
As has been widely reported, on July 27, 2017, the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) announced that the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) will be phased out by the end of 2021. Industry experts have anticipated the cessation of LIBOR due to a number of scandals and resulting fines and convictions related to manipulation of the benchmark rate.
The Nebraska Department of Banking and Finance has proposed new regulations related to the registration of investment advisers. The regulations will establish a private fund adviser exemption from registration. The regulations were the subject of a rulemaking hearing held on January 7, 2016. There was no opposition to the regulations at the hearing and the regulations are expected to be adopted in the spring or summer of 2016.
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Speaker, “Crossing State Lines – When You Have Stockholders in More than One State,” Nebraska Bar Association Annual Meeting, 2004
- Author, “Roadmap to Securities Law Compliance for Private Companies,” The Nebraska Lawyer, March 2006
- Speaker, “Introduction to Securities Law Compliance for Private Companies,” Southwest Iowa Lawyer League, 2012
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, Peer Reviewed
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law, Corporate Governance Law
- Representation of a farm credit lender in connection with a $265 million syndicated credit facility to a hog producer/feedlot operator.
- Representation of a NYSE-listed manufacturing company with respect to a $600 million syndicated credit facility.
- Representation of a national banking association in connection with a $275 million syndicated credit facility to a hospital system.
- Representation of a NYSE-listed REIT with respect to a $150 million syndicated credit facility secured by properties in multiple states.
- Representation of a New York-based private equity fund in connection with a $20 million loan facility to a diversified agricultural company.
- Representation of a dairy producer with respect to a $600 million syndicated credit facility secured by plants in multiple states.
- Representation of a hospitality company in connection with over $100 million of CMBS mortgage loans.
- Representation of numerous borrowers and lenders with respect to secured construction financing projects, including in the hospitality and multi-family industries.
- Representation of a publicly traded company in connection with a $200 million bridge credit facility used to fund a tender offer for a company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Representation of a NYSE-listed manufacturing company with respect to the registration and underwritten public offering of $300 million of senior notes.
- Representation of numerous companies in connection with filings on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and proxy statements.
- Representation of an established $100+ million hedge fund with respect to multiple SEC compliance matters, including investment adviser registration.
- Representation of a NYSE-listed REIT in connection with the registration and underwritten public offering of $80 million of common and preferred stock.
- Representation of a start-up hedge fund with respect to a $10 million private placement of LLC units and related SEC/state regulatory compliance matters.
- Representation of numerous companies in connection with private placements of different series of preferred stock to venture capital investors.
- Representation of numerous companies in connection with their registered and exempt stock plans and other equity compensation arrangements.
- Related Practices
- Banking and Commercial Financial Services
- Business and Corporate
- Related Industries