For more than four decades, Jeff has been providing tax, estate planning and business law counsel to an impressive list of clients. From helping business owners minimize estate tax consequences to successfully defending clients in federal and state tax investigations, Jeff has seen just about everything. Jeff believes in a collaborative approach, consulting with clients, CPAs, insurance experts and financial advisors, to develop reliable strategies for his clients. Whether the clients with whom he works are putting together their first estate plan, forming a charitable or religious organization, or planning a merger worth hundreds of millions of dollars, Jeff’s extensive experience and expertise lead to sound counsel and beneficial solutions.
Jeff has also been instrumental in helping to build an exceptional team to support the tax and estate planning needs of McGrath North’s clients. The group is now led by Jon Grob and includes fourteen professionals.
Jeff has completed his transition to a well-deserved, substantially reduced role. While he will be available for limited strategic consultations, McGrath North’s Tax and Estate Planning team will take the lead. If you have specific questions, please contact group head Jon Grob or any member of the group.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Magna Cum Laude)
- Creighton University (B.S.B.A., Summa Cum Laude)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
In its newly released 2022 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 47 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries. Of these partners recognized based on peer-review surveys, 11 were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
McGrath North is pleased to announce that their Tax, Trusts and Estates practice group earned a top ranking (Band 1) in the 2018 Chambers High Net Worth (HNW) guide. McGrath North is one of two Nebraska firms to receive the Band 1 honor for private wealth law.
Your “snowbird” friends are back in the Midwest for the summer. You hear how much they did not miss our extreme cold weather, shoveling snow, driving in a snowstorm or sliding on ice. Some of your snowbird friends talk about golf in January, February and March. Others talk about being closer to children and grandchildren.
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Financial Planning Association
- Nebraska Society of CPAs
- All Saints Episcopal Church, Former member of Vestry and Chair of Planned Giving
- Bishop Clarkson Foundation, Member of Board of Directors and Treasurer
- Episcopal Diocese of Nebraska, Treasurer and Member of the Bishop and Trustees Board
- Dreamweaver Foundation, Member of Board of Directors
- Great Plains Federal Tax Institute, Director Emeritus, Past President, Past Vice-President and Planning Chairman
- Financial Planning Association of Nebraska, Past Director and Member
- Frequent Author and Lecturer for: Great Plains Federal Tax Institute, Nebraska Bar Association, Nebraska Society of CPAs (among others)
- Fellow, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Fellow, Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America” since 1993, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Corporate Law, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Litigation and Controversy – Tax, Non-Profit / Charities Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates
- “Best Lawyers in America” Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Non-Profit/Charities Law, 2016
- “Best Lawyers in America” Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Litigation & Controversy – Tax, 2013
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Tax, Estate Planning and Probate, Business/Corporate) 2007-2021
- Listed: Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Nebraska, Tax – Band 1)
- Listed: Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2017-2020 (Private Wealth Law – Nebraska – Band 1)
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating
- Related Practices
- Business and Corporate
- Labor, Employment and Benefits
- Tax, Trusts and Estates
- Business Succession, Exit and Shareholder Planning
- Employee Benefits and ERISA
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Executive Compensation
- State and Local Taxation and Incentives
- Tax Audit Representation and Litigation
- Tax Exempt Organizations
- Transactional Tax Planning
- Wills, Trusts and Powers of Attorney
- Related Industries