Clients engage Lee on a wide range of real estate transactions and issues, and related business transactions. This includes sale, purchase and leasing of real estate, construction and architectural contracts, property development, planning and zoning and financing on local, national and international levels. He also deals with a variety of business and corporate matters. Lee excels at focusing on his client’s needs and objectives while at the same time working with the legitimate concerns of other parties to the transaction to get to a solution which gives everyone the opportunity for a successful outcome.
Lee likes a challenge, great or small, and the first order of business is to simplify. Ultimately, the success of a transaction depends on keeping is simple and getting people to work together toward a common goal. This is what Lee does.
Lee has been a shareholder of McGrath North since 1981.
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 1977)
- Drake University (B.A., 1974)
- Nebraska (1977: Sustaining Member)
- Iowa (1977)
McGrath North is pleased to announce that 19 of the firm’s lawyers have been recognized in the 2008 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. The lawyers recognized for this honor are:
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Iowa Bar Association
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Construction Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, Real Estate Law
- “Best Lawyers in America” Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Real Estate Law, 2011
- Listed: Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Nebraska, Real Estate – Band 1)
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Real Estate, Land Use/Zoning)
- Fellow, Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- Listed: “Best Lawyers” Omaha Construction Law Lawyer of the Year 2017
- Listed: “Best Lawyers” Omaha Land Use and Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year 2018, 2021
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, AV/Preeminent Rating
Continuing in his role as an integral strategist and actuator in important building projects over the years, Lee's recent projects include:
- Negotiation of a time sensitive build to suit credit tenant lease on a new $55 million-plus headquarters building for a major corporate client.
- Negotiation of a $500 million-plus, multi-year progressive design-build construction contract for an airport terminal modernization program and a variety of ancillary contracts. His involvement includes ongoing consultation to the client on the administration of the program as well as keeping the various private and public stakeholders aligned and moving forward in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Represented a Nebraska municipality in providing Tax Increment Financing to successfully incentivize a major corporation to construct a $450 million-plus production facility in the community, and handled related annexations and rezoning, all of which involved a wide array of public and private stakeholders and complex stakeholder relations challenges.
- Related Practices
- Related Industries