Risk is a big part of business, which is why Tom has devoted his career to helping clients plan and structure transactions with an understanding of the risks involved – not just during the initial transactions, but in regard to the future well-being of their companies. Whether you’re a Fortune 500 entity that uses an attorney on a day-to-day basis or an individual who has never previously engaged counsel, Tom will work with you to protect your interests.
What you get with Tom is the trust that he’s not just looking to send you a bill – he’s looking to add value to your business. His interests are aligned with yours. His time is your time. That’s why so many of his clients trust his guidance, and why he has been such an important asset to the McGrath North team.
In addition to recognition by Best Lawyers in America, Tom is recognized for his excellence in his corporate and commercial practice by Chamber USA, noting: “Tom is experienced, intelligent, client service-focused and personable. He expects a lot out of his team in order to deliver results for his clients.”
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 2004)
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln (B.A., 2001)
- Nebraska (2004)
- Iowa (2011)
In its newly released 2022 edition, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 47 McGrath North attorneys in the full range of specialty practice areas key to supporting businesses of all sizes across a broad range of industries. Of these partners recognized based on peer-review surveys, 11 were named “Lawyer of the Year.” This honor is awarded to only one attorney with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
McGrath North is sponsoring and conducting our Thirteenth Annual Seminar for Accounting Professionals in Omaha, Nebraska. The seminar will focus on a variety of topics such as: You’re Collecting Sensitive Personal And Financial Data From Your U.S. Clients: Are You Doing What Is Required To Protect It?; Help Your Consumer Products Clients Save Time and Money; Structuring and Implementing Buy-Sell Agreements; New Section 199A: All the Highlights; My Meme is Better than Yours: Internet IP Considerations; Labor and Employment Law Under Trump: Where are We and Where are We Headed?; The State Tax Anatomy Series—Wayfair Meets the Tax Defense Team; and Employee Benefits Annual Review.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) recently released the revised thresholds used in determining whether parties to certain acquisition transactions are required to comply with the requirements of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 (HSR Act). The thresholds are revised on an annual basis by the FTC to reflect changes in the gross national product. The revised thresholds will become effective on February 11, 2013.
On January 24, 2012, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) released the revised thresholds used in determining whether parties to certain acquisition transactions are required to comply with the requirements of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 (HSR Act). The thresholds are revised on an annual basis by the FTC to reflect changes in the gross national product. The revised thresholds announced on January 24, 2012 will become effective on February 27, 2012.
- Nebraska and Iowa State Bar Associations
- American Bar Association (Private Target Mergers & Acquisitions Deal Points Study Working Group)
- Association for Corporate Growth – Nebraska
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Listed: Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Nebraska, Corporate/Commercial – Band 3)
- Listed: “Best Lawyers in America”, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Venture Capital Law
- "Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2022
- “Best Lawyers in America”, Omaha Lawyer of the Year, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), 2021
- Client Choice Award For Nebraska Mergers & Acquisitions
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation Silver Quill Legal Writing Award
- Leadership Omaha Class 34 (2012)
- Creighton Law Review Member, 2002 – 2004
- Listed: Martindale-Hubbell, Peer Reviewed
- Related Practices
- Related Industries